Thursday, June 03, 2004
Also Banned

It's painfully obvious that Blogs For Bush is not at all interested in hearing any opposing opinions. I have been painfully (for me) polite and stuck rigidly to the topic of the posts and comments. I have used no profanity or even any inflammatory words or phrases.

But I've been banned from the comments.

My latest was in response to a post on why Jewish-Americans should vote Republican. The post was rather innocuous and lacking in hard facts; but then what blog couldn't at times be said to be all of that? The comments were rather more pointed but many made a classic mistake of confusing dissenting opinions about the actions of the state of Israel and its politicians with anti-semitism.

Here is the comment I attempted to post:

Again and again, the right - and a few on the left - confuse condemnation of actions by the state of Israel with de-facto anti-semitism. There is no necessary connection; actions by the state are the result - in Israel's case - of the state being nearly hijacked by Sharon and his far-right wing supporters. But saying that does not mean that I'm anti-semitic; a word that has a very precise meaning, that meaning having nothing to do with feelings about the action of any state.

And, Mark, I find that your statement that "terrorists" can only be killed and not negotiated with to be disgusting in its broadness and indiscriminateness.
Five exceptionally polite comments got me banned from B4B. It is truly an echo chamber. I hope that our attempts here to get participants from that blog to come here to get a true open discussion are working...